OFFICIAL FRINGE 2021 DATES:- Friday February 19th to Sunday March 21st.
IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT BOOKING A SPACE AT THE BAKEHOUSE YOUR ENQUIRIES SHOULD START AROUND JULY 2020.
EVENT REGISTRATIONS (with the Fringe Office) Open on 1st September 2020. Closing date for registrations is currently open-ended, but the closing date to be entered in the Fringe booklet is November 4th 2020. Therefore we are taking this date as our "virtual" registration closing date.
BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS:-
Please download and read thoroughly, the document "FRINGE STANDARD CONDITIONS OF HIRE". (scroll down to the bottom of this page to download) This document should answer 99% of your questions.
Should you hire the Bakehouse for the Fringe, this document will also become your Hire Contract
ABOUT THE THEATRE:-
The Award winning Bakehouse Theatre is located in the eastern part of the CBD, just a stone's throw from The Garden of Unearthly Delights, around the corner from the Hutt Street restaurant strip, and a short stroll to Rundle Mall - the centre of the city's shopping precinct.
It is a charming old building full of history (but also full of modern technical equipment) where we love to make both you and your audiences feel welcome.
We have two theatre spaces, each with its own bar and foyer area where you can meet friends, chat before the show and even take your drinks into the theatre with you.
Here is what one of our Fringe theatre hirers said about her experience at the Bakehouse:-
"It was such a wonderful experience!! The Bakehouse staff went above and beyond with everything I needed to make "Handle It" run as smoothly as possible. Huge thanks to Stephen and Matt for doing such a brilliant job with the tech and Peter for running the box office, and Pamela for all the support leading up to and during the season. And everyone for coming along!! I'll certainly never forget it. Can't wait to come back. Xxx – Laura Jackson (NSW)"
THE BAKEHOUSE THEATRE is situated at 255 Angas Street Adelaide (on the corner of Angas and Cardwell Streets). Find directions HERE
THE BAKEHOUSE HAS TWO SPACES FOR HIRE
MAINSTAGE ("normal" capacity 86, COVID capacity 43)
STUDIO THEATRE ("normal" capacity 40, COVID capacity 20)
(scroll down for more information about each space)
Most Important Things You Need to Know if you are Considering Hiring the Bakehouse for Fringe 2020.
NIGHT TIME SHOWS:
- In 2021, we will be running 2 shows in each theatre (rather than the normal 3) to allow for extra cleaning between shows. . These are 6pm, and 8pm.
- Your show will need to run no longer than 60mins., and be able to bump in and out in 15mins.
- 8pm time slot may possibly run longer than 60mins. as it is the last slot for the evening (negotiable)
- 6pm time slot may possibly start earlier as it is the first show of the evening (negotiable)
- Prices per time slot:- $1500 per week (Monday to Saturday) for the Mainstage; $750 per week (Monday to Saturday) for the Studio
NO MATINEES during 2021.
For more detailed information about both spaces please download the attachment below entitled "FRINGE 2021 COVID AND OTHER CONDITIONS OF HIRE".
Please read this thoroughly BEFORE asking any more questions. This document will also become your Hire Contract for the Fringe.
MAINSTAGE KEY FACTS
- Audience capacity: 43 during COVID (86 if all restrictions are removed by Fringe time)
- Performance Space - "black box" style 6 metres deep X 7.5 metres wide.
- Modern Digital Lighting System run by computer using "PC Stage" software
- Full sound system
- Fully licensed bar in friendly foyer (drinks may be taken into the theatre)
- Air conditioned.
More detailed information and photos of the Mainstage space HERE
STUDIO KEY FACTS:
- Audience capacity 20 during COVID (40 if all restrictions are removed during Fringe time)
- Performance space "black box" style. Stage is 600mm high, 4700mm wide and 3600mm deep.
- Modern Digital Lighting System run by computer using "PC Stage" software.
- Full sound system
- Air conditioned
- Fully licenced separate bar (drinks may be taken into the theatre)
More detailed information and photos of the Studio Theatre HERE
We have a Main Theatre (capacity 87) and a Studio Theatre (capacity 40) available for hire. Click here for more information.